The Commercial Agronomist plays an essential role at CF to help lead and develop agronomic input to the Company’s products and services at the distributor and farm levels.
In this role you will be accountable for...
To ensure the delivery of project – on time and to required standard set by Commercial Director and Head of Marketing.
- To complete all day to day responsibilities to required standard set by departmental manager.
- Developing the skills to become the Company’s Commercial Agronomist (emphasis on arable
To be an effective team member and support the objectives of the overall Commercial team and its departments.
To write and communicate a project plan with key milestones.
To provide regular monthly reports on status of achieving project milestones.
To highlight early if hitting obstacles with delivery and ensure resolution quickly
To be very comfortable with science-based agronomic and industry data and be able to interpret from a commercial perspective.
Ability to statistically analyse data and interpret results to shape strategic decisions.
To ensure picking up the right skills and knowledge to pass Fertiliser Advisers Certification and Training Scheme (FACTS) exam within 1 year.
Develop the ability to effectively communicate the results of internal and external agronomic research to your colleagues, the fertiliser industry and the agricultural press.
To work with manufacturing colleagues on product development and testing.
The skills, qualifications and expeirence you will have...
- Communication skills
- Persuading skills
- Relationship building skills
- Effective Team Player
- Influencing and Persuading skills
- Effective communication skills at all levels
- Excellent presentation skills
- “Can-do” attitude
- Minimum 2.1 attainment in agriculture or science degree from a leading university
- Three to five years experience in commercial or academic areas of agriculture and a strong desire to become a leading agronomist
- Ability and desire to attain Fertiliser Advisers Certification and Training Scheme (FACTS) qualification within 1 year
- Aptitude to use data and knowledge to sell technical products
- Strong agronomy, experimental and analytical skills
- Ability to see the opportunities within agronomy to communicate messages that help both customers and our business
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.