At CF Fertilisers UK Ltd, we produce market-leading premier fertilisers that farmers rely on to optimise crop performance and yields. As well as being the leading supplier of Nitrogen, manufacturing Ammonium Nitrate and True Granular Compound Fertiliser, we also provide process chemicals and utilities.
We are seeking an exceptional individual to join our Graduate Programme in our commercial team. Start your career with a solid base by gaining a unique opportunity to join one of the world’s largest producers of nitrogen products, CF Industries. The company operates across nine sites and employs 3000 people.
This role will be based with CF Fertilisers in the UK, at our head office in Ince, Chester. At CF Fertilisers we manufacture across 2 sites, providing British Farmers with 1.5 million tonnes of premier fertiliser each year and in addition to this supply key players in the process chemicals industry with Ammonia, Nitric Acid and utilities support. As a growing business now is a great time to be part of our company.
You will gain “hands-on” experience across the commercial function - marketing, customer service, agronomy, account management, market research and regional strategy planning as well as undertaking external training to attain the fertiliser accreditation scheme qualification (FACTs).
On successful completion of our commercial graduate programme you will be equipped with the skills to undertake a key commercial role in the team and must be willing to re-locate within the UK at the end of 2 years to take on a permanent role.
We are looking for someone who is keen to develop their career in a forward thinking, vibrant chemical manufacturing business, has the aptitude to sell technical products and has excellent communication skills as well as a “can-do” attitude.
- Undertake a 2-year training programme consisting of 4 six month placements in the commercial function
- During the placement periods, you will be asked to undertake daily tasks in the function as well as complete a 6-month project in a specific area of interest
- The placement areas could include Chemicals Sales, Regional Commercial Sales Team, Utility Sales team, Customer Service, Marketing, Logistics, Market Analysis
- At the end of the 2 year period you are expected to have picked up the skills to move into a key commercial role which could be regionally based
- You will be expected to study for, and attain, the FACTS qualification by the end of the 2 year period
- The projects will be very data driven and will require a high level of numerical ability. Operations will be also be a major focus.
In this role you will be accountable for...
- To ensure the delivery of project – on time and to required standard set by the commercial director and departmental manager.
- To complete all day–to-day responsibilities to required standard set by departmental manager
- To be an effective team member and support the objectives of functional team
To write and communicate a project plan with key milestones
To provide regular monthly reports on status of achieving project milestones
To highlight early if hitting obstacles with delivery and ensure resolution quickly
To be very comfortable using excel to an advanced level and provide accurate numerical data for interpretation
Ability to statistically analyse data and interpret results to shape strategic decisions.
To ensure picking up the right skills and knowledge to pass FACTs exam within 2 years
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- Minimum 2.1 in economics, business or a science degree
- Sales and negotiation skills
Relationship building skills
Effective team player
Influencing and persuading skills
Effective communication skills at all levels
Excellent presentation skills
Good understanding of business economics
Ability to lead projects/project management
Ability to attain FACTs within 2 years
Ability to pick up advanced excel skills
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holidays
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme coupled with life assurance
- Private health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and career development
- Free parking
- Subsidised on site canteen
At CF our values are the foundation of everything we do, guiding us to work safely, efficiently, collaboratively and with an eye toward the future. We need dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right, doing it well, executing as a team and taking a long term view with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. Join our diverse and talented team and you’ll enjoy opportunities to really take your career places.
Closing date: 20th November 2020
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.