This position prepares financial reporting data relating to the UK organisation, in particular activity above gross margin including sales volume, price and revenue, rebates, haulage, packaging and logistics. This role provides financial support to the finance function and wider UK organisation. This role completes month end activities as required to support the recordkeeping for all revenue and cost of sales activities. This role will be involved in projects and other business improvement initiatives if required.
This role is ideal for a part qualified accountant looking for their first or next move.
In this role you will be accountable for...
Month end close activities:
- Preparation of the timely and accurate close activities for revenue and cost of sales including transaction accounting activities, journals, accruals and balance sheet reconciliations as required
- Preparation of US corporate parent requirements for month and quarter end closes as required
- Supporting wider finance team
UK team support:
- Sales to gross margin analysis, including logistics spend
- Rebate analysis and reporting
- Finance business partnering to the UK organisation
- Preparation of forecast data for sales to gross margin as required
- Head Office cost monitoring
- Projects and other business improvement initiatives
- Support wider finance team if required
- Maintaining a strong SOX control environment working with relevant stakeholders including internal and external audit to identify deficiencies and take corrective actions as necessary implementing improvements in the internal control environment when required
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
Experience and Knowledge:
- Finance and accounting experience
- Strong technical orientation with an understanding of accounting methodology and financial reporting
- Demonstrates client focus and ability to deliver reporting to meet client needs
- A basic level of commercial awareness with demonstrated potential
- Behave as a proactive team member who actively works to ensure the team delivers as a whole
- Enable strong and supportive relationships with a positive, client focused mind set
- Demonstrates highest level of integrity and trust and strong compliance orientation
- Strong written and communication skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – in particular Excel and PowerPoint.
- Undergraduate degree
- Ideally coupled with a professional accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) or part-qualified on the road to qualification
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.
CF Fertilisers UK Ltd is a global leader in fertiliser manufacturer and a major supplier of process chemicals and utilities in the UK. As well as CF being the UK's leading supplier of Nitrogen products to selected industrial markets and applications, it is also committed to British agriculture, making investment in production capacity and Advice & Services fundamental to the company's success.
We look after our people. You’ll look after our plant. Together our CF knowledge will grow our business and achieve our clear vision for the future.