Day Handling Technician
At CF Fertilisers UK Ltd, we produce market-leading premier fertilisers that farmers rely on to optimise crop performance and yields. As well as being the leading supplier of Nitrogen, manufacturing Ammonium Nitrate and True Granular Compound Fertiliser, we also provide process chemicals and utilities.
As a Day Handling Technician at CF, you will be an experienced driver of counterbalance fork-lift trucks and will work with the department team to provide world class standards of service to our customers.
In this role you will be accountable for...
- The safe and efficient loading or unloading of Filled Intermediate Bulk Containers (FIBCs) packaged fertiliser products onto goods vehicles
- Ensuring that all product dispatched is of the highest quality and standards through the positive release procedure
Strive to meet the department KPIs particularly with regard to vehicle turnaround times and safety targets
Additional duties will include general operating tasks associated with site storage, packing and bag store, including pallet repair, and driving for rebagging, housekeeping and product transfer activities
- Ensuring vehicles are checked against the Fertilisers Industry Insurance Scheme (FIAS) and ensuring compliance.
- Assist with shutdown activities on other areas of the Ince site and ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with ISO systems and FIAS standards.
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have..
- Full FLT licence and the ability to assimilate training on large scale counter balance fork lift trucks
- Live load experience preferable
- Numeracy and computer skills essential
- A proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience in operating on-board warehouse management terminals would be considered an advantage
- Experience of working in a high volume despatch environment with a keen eye for detail to ensure accuracy
- Knowledge of department functions and an overview knowledge of processes in other plant areas
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate at all levels within the organisation
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness to learn
- Comfortable and competent with 2 way radio use
- Security, and H&S awareness and understanding
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holidays
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme coupled with life assurance
- Private health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and career development
- Free parking
At CF our values are the foundation of everything we do, guiding us to work safely, efficiently, collaboratively and with an eye toward the future. We need dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right, doing it well, executing as a team and taking a long term view with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. Join our diverse and talented team and you’ll enjoy opportunities to really take your career places.
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.
Closing date: 10th May 20021