The EHS officer will support continuous improvement in occupational health and safety performance, security, emergency response, behaviours and compliance with CF Industries and UK regulatory requirements. This position is diverse and focus will be to promote the safety and security of our employees, contractors, and visitors. The role coordinates and liaises with CF personnel, the emergency response and security provider and time will be managed across the three disciplines.
In this role you will be accountable for...
- Ensuring compliance for safety, emergency response and security performance and culture. Analyse data, resources, constraints, and the location culture. Ensure plan aligns with overall EHS and site strategy. Principal Security & Emergency Response contact.
- To define and, where appropriate, deliver the mandatory training requirements for site personnel, taking advantage of computer-based or on-shift opportunities for training
Ensuring safety, emergency services and security work processes are aligned with the business strategy, ensuring activities are rooted in company values.
- Measure of safety, emergency services and security performance by identifying progress, understanding limits and boundaries of data and encouraging continuous improvement.
- Monitoring current and future emergency response and security regulatory requirements as well as Company Standards to ensure the site is fully compliant.
- Implementation and improvement of processes that effectively and efficiently assess emergency response and security risk management and compliance assurance practices and systems.
- Working with all departments to ensure safety, emergency response and security policies, programs and processes meet or exceed regulatory and company expectations.
- Continuous development of leadership and technical skills, and promoting a learning environment that encourages efficient and effective processes.
- Acting as the location’s key representative on appropriate Corporate Councils.
- Develop and sustain a working relationship with Security & emergency response provider, training providers, and other key local emergency or security stakeholders.
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & safety
- Significant EHS experience on COMAH facilities, industrial emergency response and/or chemical location security operations knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, change management skills, analytical and decision-making abilities, and ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with regulatory authorities
- Be able to demonstrate leadership capabilities including employee development and employee engagement skills
- Ability to manage and influence both up and down in the organisation
- Emergency response and/or security certification is preferred but not essential
- Computing skills and proficiency with Windows operating system and Microsoft Office suite of business applications required
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.