Graduate Quantity Surveyor
At CF Fertilisers UK Ltd, we produce market-leading premier fertilisers that farmers rely on to optimise crop performance and yields. As well as being the leading supplier of Nitrogen, manufacturing Ammonium Nitrate and True Granular Compound Fertiliser, we also provide process chemicals and utilities from our 2 UK manufacturing sites.
The role of a Graduate QS at CF is to support the QS team in ensuring that the Company’s exposure to commercial risk is managed during the execution of projects and maintenance activities at our Ince manufacturing site.
This role is an opportunity for a recent Graduate to join an experienced Procurement / QS team and to work towards their RICS accreditation.
In this role you will be accountable for...
- Support in the management of site service contractors
- Monitor monthly spend of main contractors against budget & report back to SLT
- Implement & monitor KPI’s against contractor performance
- Provide support to the procurement teams, in preparing structured tender documents for turnarounds, projects, frameworks and term contracts
- Work closely with the engineering teams to accurately forecast and develop budgets
- Support the contract management of turnarounds, term service and framework contracts
- Negotiate the effect of Compensation Events & Adjustment Events
- Oversee or manage risk registers for turnarounds, term service contracts, projects and framework agreements
- Ensure that all contractors engaged in turnarounds, term service contracts, projects and framework agreements issue timely and accurate applications for payment and that payment certificates are issued in accordance with agreed terms and conditions
- Provide accurate forecasting for the outturn costs of major events and projects
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- Relevant degree (RICS accreditation optional)
- MRICS QS charter-ship in quantity surveying (desirable)
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and persuade others
- Strong presentation skills, both in design and delivery
- Excellent data analysis skills with the ability to forecast and demonstrate a methodical approach
- A good working knowledge of Excel
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holidays
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme coupled with life assurance
- Private health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and career development
- Free parking
At CF our values are the foundation of everything we do, guiding us to work safely, efficiently, collaboratively and with an eye toward the future. We need dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right, doing it well, executing as a team and taking a long term view with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. Join our diverse and talented team and you’ll enjoy opportunities to really take your career places.
Closing date: Sunday 15th August 2021
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.