IT Apps Developer
At CF Fertilisers UK Ltd, we produce market-leading premier fertilisers that farmers rely on to optimise crop performance and yields. As well as being the leading supplier of Nitrogen, manufacturing Ammonium Nitrate and True Granular Compound Fertiliser, we also provide process chemicals and utilities.
In this role you will design, build, test and deploy improvements to CF’s core applications, principally Oracle eBusiness Suite, in line with requirements developed by IT Business Analysts. The aim is to ensure appropriate governance of all applications development, including operating all relevant SOX controls, ensuring appropriate management of code and production of documentation. This role reports to the UK IT Director.
In this role you will be accountable for...
Understanding Business Needs
Work with IT Business Analysts to understand proposals for improvements to CF applications.
Design appropriate technical solutions to support these improvement proposals.
- Work with IT Business Analysts to prioritise and schedule delivery of these agreed solutions.
Delivery of Improvements
- Build and develop solutions in line with agreed designs.
- Ensure appropriate testing is carried out.
- Ensure appropriate functional and technical documentation is produced.
- Ensure that all code is appropriately managed.
- Manage any required third party technical resources
Support and Maintenance
- Investigate and resolve applications support issues that require technical capability and involvement, in line with agreed Service Levels.
Ensure all development activity aligns with CF development, testing and deployment standards and processes, including change and release management.
- Complete and evidence IT controls relating to applications development.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as required.
DBA Service Co-ordination
- Operate as the main point of contact for the outsourced Oracle DBA support service.
Maintain an understanding of the overall Oracle EBS architecture and integrations to associated systems.
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- Significant knowledge and experience of Oracle eBusiness Suite covering Finance, Procurement, Supply Chain, Maintenance/ EAM and Manufacturing.
- At least 10 years experience in an applications development role
- Experience of working in a manufacturing business.
- Strong time management and organisational skills to successfully manage multiple improvements to time, cost and quality.
- Good level of people skills to ensure strong working relationships are developed with BAs and third party support personnel.
- An analytical and pragmatic problem solving focus
- Knowledge and experience of reporting tools such as Tableau, OBIEE, Insight etc
- Skills and experience with a broad range of development technologies, including:
- MS SQL
Desire to take on and learn new applications technologies.
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holidays
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme coupled with life assurance
- Private health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and career development
- Free parking
At CF our values are the foundation of everything we do, guiding us to work safely, efficiently, collaboratively and with an eye toward the future. We need dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right, doing it well, executing as a team and taking a long term view with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. Join our diverse and talented team and you’ll enjoy opportunities to really take your career places.
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.