IT Operations Manager
Looking for a career within a global company where your skills and experience can really make a difference? At CF you will be a part of a US owned company, a world-leading manufacturer of nitrogen products which play a lead role in global food security by providing farmers with vital plant nutrients. Our products feed the crops that feed the world! The role of an IT operations Manager will allow you to ensure that CF UK has a secure, reliable and fit for purpose IT infrastructure that evolves in line with business needs and to deliver a high quality, business focussed IT support service in line with agreed SLAs.
We are looking for someone who has built their career within IT operations, has experience managing Infrastructure and Service Desk, someone who wants to develop within a UK company with the support and infrastructure of a large US business.
In the role you will be accountable for...
Lead, motivate and manage a small Infrastructure and Service Desk team.
- Engage with a range of stakeholders to understand current and future infrastructure needs.
- Manage the current technology infrastructure to ensure that it is reliable, optimised and fit for purpose.
- Actively monitor and maintain the current technology infrastructure.
- Ensure that appropriate processes, tools, resources and capability are in place to enable the delivery of the above.
- Actively manage all third party suppliers and contracts required to deliver infrastructure services.
- Ensure appropriate infrastructure resilience, backup and recovery are in place.
- Ensure the delivery of a high quality, business focussed IT support service in line with agreed SLAs.
- Report, analyse and deliver improvements to the support service.
- Ensure the resolution of any complex and persistent support issues.
Projects and Change
- Specify, plan and deliver technology improvements to ensure that the IT infrastructure continues to align with business needs.
- Manage and deliver the infrastructure elements of wider business and IT change projects.
- Manage and deliver the UK elements of infrastructure integration activity, working with teams in the US.
Ensure that all SOX compliance activity owned by the Infrastructure and Service Desk teams is delivered in a complete, accurate and timely manner.
Ensure that the technology infrastructure is secure and remains so, working closely with the US Security team.
Implement IT policies, procedures and best practices.
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- Significant experience in an IT Operations management role.
- Proven capability in leading, building and mentoring an IT technology team to deliver high quality service.
- Experience of successfully leading and managing IT technology projects.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels in the organization and to different levels of technical ability.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix environment and deliver effectively.
- An analytical and pragmatic problem solving focus.
- Self motivated and decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Experience of working in a chemicals or manufacturing organization.
- Experience with core CF technologies: Microsoft, VMWare, Citrix, Oracle, Unix (HP-UX) and Cisco IP telephony.
- Experience of ITIL or COBIT, ideally supported by a qualification.
- Experience of SOX, ISO27001 and GDPR
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.
CF Fertilisers UK Ltd is a global leader in fertiliser manufacturer and a major supplier of process chemicals and utilities in the UK. As well as CF being the UK's leading supplier of Nitrogen products to selected industrial markets and applications, it is also committed to British agriculture, making investment in production capacity and Advice & Services fundamental to the company's success.
We look after our people. You’ll look after our plant. Together our CF knowledge will grow our business and achieve our clear vision for the future.