The role of a the Maintenance Manager at the Billingham plant is leading and developing our 50 strong site maintenance team. You’ll own and develop our maintenance and reliability improvement strategy to deliver world class maintenance and turnarounds. Responsible for resolving day to day issues as well as developing maintenance practices and procedures, you’ll embed a culture of maintenance excellence and implement systems for reliability improvement.
In this role you will be accountable for...
With excellent leadership, communication and people skills, you’ll be the process owner of programmes that increase equipment uptime and ensure the availability of equipment, spares and supplies, across a diverse range of technologies on site. This high profile role will involve everything from development of the team and ensuring compliance with regulations to preparing data for reliability metrics and KPI’s. You will also form part of the site leadership team, reporting directly to the Site Manager, and be involved in developing and delivering the site manufacturing strategy.
- Safe execution of work - To be responsible for overall safe execution of all maintenance work on site to drive high safety standards and ensure compliance with company and HSE regulations.
- Team Management – You will be responsible for the management of the maintenance team of around 50 CF employees, responsible for recruitment, resource management, development, competence, succession and performance management.
- Regulatory Compliance – You will ensure that the suite of PM maintenance carried out complies with regulatory and COMAH requirements, and that that all regulatory maintenance is completed on schedule within the required timeframes.
- Cost Control – You will manage a total maintenance budget of around £10m and periodic turnarounds of up to £15m. Controlling spend, work scope and workflow on day to day activities, special revenue projects, breakdowns and planned turnarounds. You will manage contractor resource levels across site (embedded contractors circa 50) and control CF technician overtime to budget.
- Journey 2 Reliability – You will take ownership of the site maintenance and reliability improvement plan to deliver world class maintenance at CF. Key areas of focus are maintenance planning and scheduling, criticality, PM management, defect elimination, condition monitoring, competence management, turnaround planning and execution, KPI’s metrics and reporting.
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Maintenance Manager with a minimum of 10 years experience in the industry. A thorough working knowledge of Maintenance and Reliability best practice is required, as well as a working knowledge of process plant equipment. Experience of effectively managing teams and individuals, and delivery of culture change within a manufacturing organisation would be beneficial.
Skills and competencies
- An impressive track record of implementing reliability improvement
- Knowledge of predictive, preventive, proactive and planned maintenance
- Experience of leading a high performing maintenance team at a high hazard installation
- A good understanding of Root Cause Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Reliability Centred Maintenance and reliability tools such as Pareto analysis
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to get best value from our maintenance budget
- Experience of implementation and optimisation of a CMMS
- Experience of planning and delivering turnaround events with a team of up to 500 contractors.
- A degree in Mechanical Engineering (2:1 or better) and ideally knowledge of high-speed, rotating machines.
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.
CF Fertilisers UK Ltd is a global leader in fertiliser manufacturer and a major supplier of process chemicals and utilities in the UK. As well as CF being the UK's leading supplier of Nitrogen products to selected industrial markets and applications, it is also committed to British agriculture, making investment in production capacity and Advice & Services fundamental to the company's success.
We look after our people. You’ll look after our plant. Together our CF knowledge will grow our business and achieve our clear vision for the future.