Mechanical Maintenance Manager
The role of the Mechanical Maintenance Manager is to manage the execution of all mechanical maintenance on site at the Ince Plant. This role will also manage the mechanical maintenance workforce via the maintenance supervisors and be a contractor manager of key site nested contractors, and will have the ability to drive continuous improvement in the mechanical maintenance.
In this role you will be accountable for...
- Safe execution of work - To be responsible for maintaining a management presence on site for the purpose of driving high safety standards. To drive compliance with site procedures and work to remove any barriers to compliance delivering a high safety performance within your team.
- Regulatory Compliance – To work with engineers as well as site management to ensure the suite of mechanical maintenance activities carried out ensure CF Ince complies with regulatory and COMAH requirements. You will develop the Mechanical team KPI’s to ensure we are compliant with all regulatory requirements.
- Team Management – You will be responsible for the direct line management of the 4 x mechanical supervisors. You will be required to train, coach and performance manage the team to help ensure delivery of the maintenance and site objectives. A key focus areas for this aspect of the role are clarity and definition of roles and responsibilities within the team and ensuring training requirements are defined and executed.
- Asset Reliability – You will support the Area supervisors to ensure that all mechanical maintenance work is appropriately managed across site. You will work to ensure that the quality of work carried out is to the appropriate standards, managing mechanical maintenance resources to ensuring that operations have the mechanical support to maintain high production availability.
- Cost Control – Through removing barriers to inefficiency within the technician team and moving to a more planned preventative maintenance regime, as well as increased focus on contractor cost control, overtime and procurement of spare parts and services, you will ensure that value for money is achieved in the execution of mechanical maintenance activities. This will also involve tracking and monitoring of cost control metrics.
- Reliability – A key aspect of this role is to work with the site reliability team to help define and then deliver any changes proposed.
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Maintenance manager or Mechanical Engineer with significant experience in the industry. A thorough working knowledge of mechanical maintenance practices as well as a working knowledge of process plant equipment is required, as is experience of effectively managing teams and individuals to deliver results and meet prescribed goals.
Skills and competencies
- Experience in managing teams, delivering results through others and performance management of individuals and teams.
- Experience in controlling costs, managing budgets and ensuring targets are met during maintenance execution.
- Experience of maintenance planning and scheduling best practice.
- Experience in the delivery of major maintenance such as shutdowns, turnarounds or projects would be highly preferential.
- Thorough understanding of mechanical maintenance organisation, and maintenance practices and procedures
- Experience in the use of common PC software packages such as Excel, Word, CMMS and Outlook.
- Applicants will be able to demonstrate a recognised apprenticeship or HNC or higher level of relevant qualification in Mechanical Maintenance / Engineering.
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.