At CF Fertilisers UK Ltd, we produce market-leading premier fertilisers that farmers rely on to optimise crop performance and yields. As well as being the leading supplier of Nitrogen to agriculture, manufacturing Ammonium Nitrate and True Granular Compound Fertiliser, we also provide process chemicals including Ammonia and Nitric Acid to industry.
CF is actively engaging with the challenges of Net Zero and in the UK has reduced our carbon footprint per tonne of Ammonium Nitrate by 40%, with further significant improvements currently being investigated.
We are currently looking for a Process Engineer to join the Engineering team at our Ince manufacturing site near Chester.
In this role you will provide technical support to our Production plants, investigating issues and implementing improvements to support safe, cost effective and reliable operation. You will also work on capital projects and support our program of process safety improvements.
This role forms part of our Process Engineering succession plan and the successful candidate will ideally be ambitious and looking to progress within an Operations or Technical role in the future.
In this role you will be accountable for...
- Working with Operations and engineering personnel to identify, develop and implement solutions to plant issues.
- Development of projects and completing process engineering work for capital projects.
- Carrying out process engineering work to support the site Process Safety Management System.
- Supporting plant teams during Turnarounds
- Working in accordance with company standards and procedures and good engineering practice.
- After a suitable period of training and experience, the job holder would be expected to take part in a duty rota as part of the site plan for emergency response.
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
The successful candidate will have a degree (Masters level Preferred) in Chemical Engineering or equivalent and be expected to be actively working towards achieving Chartered status, or have already achieved chartered status.
The role will require:
- Good problem solving skills
- Logical thinking and ability to interpret plant data
- Good communication skills, including listening and explaining
- Ability to work well with wide range of personnel from shift operators to supervisory and technical personnel and senior management.
- Dynamic self-motivated individual, able to identify opportunities and work with others to produce solutions.
- Practical approach
- Good safety awareness
- Systematic and well organised
Previous experience of working on high hazard processes would be beneficial.
Experience of working on capital projects and process safety studies would be beneficial.
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holidays
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme coupled with life assurance
- Private health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and career development
- Free parking
Closing date: 29th Jan 2021
At CF our values are the foundation of everything we do, guiding us to work safely, efficiently, collaboratively and with an eye toward the future. We need dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right, doing it well, executing as a team and taking a long term view with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. Join our diverse and talented team and you’ll enjoy opportunities to really take your career places.
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.