Rotating Equipment Engineer (Billingham)
The role of a Rotating Equipment Engineer is to provide expertise, co-ordination and supervision of rotating and reciprocating compressors, turbines, fans, pumps and ancillary systems, for upgrade, overhaul and repair during planned maintenance and breakdowns. The role will also develop engineering standards, machinery care programmes and maintenance records for work completed, to improve equipment reliability.
This role is advertised to be based at the Billingham site but there is potential for a UK wide Rotating Equipment Engineer role, with responsibility for both the Ince & Billingham sites, which could be developed for the right candidate. Applicants are invited to identify if they would prefer to be consider for a UK wide role in their application.
In this role you will be accountable for...
- To define Site Engineering Standards for machines work to satisfy national, company & industry best practice and regulation, with particular focus on Health & Safety.
Act as the specialist to define technical requirements for rotating equipment maintenance personnel.
To define routine maintenance and overhaul programmes for compressors and turbines, defining overhaul frequencies based on historical findings, process conditions and consequences of failure.
Specify & manage the machines work during turnarounds and breakdowns utilising both CF Rotating Equipment maintenance staff and/or specialist Contractors.
Specify and oversee best practice preventative and condition-based maintenance techniques to support reliable and cost-effective machines performance.
To prepare technical reports of work completed and recommendations for the next overhaul.
Specify stock levels of critical spares and manage the overhaul and refurbishment of major repairable rotors.
Identify and execute projects and modifications relating to Critical Machines such as rotor/casing upgrades.
- Undertake failure analysis including Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of major rotating equipment, when required.
- Work with Asset Engineers and maintenance personnel to assist with failure analysis, spares specification and new equipment specification for smaller rotating equipment such as centrifugal pumps.
- Establish and maintain reliable records and maintenance reports for the machines across the Site.
- Represent the Billingham Site in the CF Industries Maintenance Best Practice group.
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced Rotating Equipment Engineer with significant experience in the industry.
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, or similar.
- Experience of supervising contractors is essential.
- Thorough understanding of Mechanical Engineering, including knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Specific knowledge and background in rotating and reciprocating equipment is required including axial and radial compressors, steam turbines and associated control systems including hydraulic control and turbine governors.
- Knowledge of vibration and oil analysis, thermography and general Condition Based Monitoring (CBM)
- Experience of engineering and maintenance in a process plant environment is preferred.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills. Good writing and communication skills and the ability to present to people at all levels of the organisation.
- Experience in the use of common PC software packages such as Excel, Word, CMMS and Outlook.
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.