Site Electrical Engineer
At CF Fertilisers UK Ltd, we produce market-leading premier fertilisers that farmers rely on to optimise crop performance and yields. As well as being the leading supplier of Nitrogen, manufacturing Ammonium Nitrate and True Granular Compound Fertiliser, we also provide process chemicals and utilities. The UK Head Office is based in Ince, near Chester.
The role of Site Electrical Engineer is to provide the lead source of professional electrical expertise for the Billingham, Portrack and North Tees Sites with full responsibility for the site HV distribution system. To lead safe electrical working practice on low and high voltage systems on plants and distribution systems.
In this role you will be accountable for...
- Understanding the specialist legislation in the Electrical Engineering field and developing and implementing a plan to achieve and maintain full compliance.
- Define and oversee the required engineering standards and best practise for Electrical work and take responsibility for meeting national and company criteria in terms of Environment, Health and Safety.
- To be the “Electrical Engineer (HV)” as defined in the CF Fertilisers Rules and Regulations relating to High Voltage Electrical Equipment.
- Detailed understanding of the Specialist Electrical equipment on the Billingham site. As such positioned to lead the investigation and resolution of plant trips, equipment failures, incidents and near misses where in depth Electrical technical understanding is essential. Ensure root causes are established and permanent solutions implemented and shared across the site.
- To ensure that all Electrical Operations and Maintenance activities are carried out on the Billingham site safely.
- Ensure that all Electrical related work during turnarounds for the plants are completed to agreed cost, duration and EHS criteria.
- Responsible for the Electrical work planning, selection of specialist contractors and execution of critical Electrical tasks, packages and projects.
- Specify and manage the design and implementation of several improvement projects each year to time and cost budgets and ensure all projects are completed fully according to the Modification procedure. In particular, the accurate keeping of records is essential.
- Identify unreliable equipment by lost production analysis and critical equipment reviews, and implement systems for its repair or replacement. Implement predictive and preventive techniques where appropriate.
- Identify appropriate critical Electrical spares holdings for plant equipment and ensure they are available and fit for reliable service.
- Provide the specialist functional Electrical training to the maintenance team and monitor and report their competence to fulfil the needs of the site.
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- Apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering (NVQ level 2 & 3)
- Minimum qualification of HNC and/or degree plus significant industrial experience
- Significant experience on HV systems
- Significant professional technical experience in the unique area of Electrical systems operations and maintenance
- HV authorised either by previous site-specific authorisation to become Senior Approved Person (SAP) or by Faraday S4 training or similar
- Have experience in high voltage engineering practices, including fault level, load flow and protection co-ordination studies
- Experience of working on a Chemical/process industrial site
- Chartered Engineer with the IET (desirable)
- Good team working skills. The Site Electrical Engineer will be required to be an integral part of the Instrument and Electrical Engineering team.
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holidays
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme coupled with life assurance
- Private health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and career development
At CF our values are the foundation of everything we do, guiding us to work safely, efficiently, collaboratively and with an eye toward the future. We need dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right, doing it well, executing as a team and taking a long term view with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. Join our diverse and talented team and you’ll enjoy opportunities to really take your career places.
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.