Site Procurement Manager
At CF Fertilisers UK Ltd, we produce market-leading premier fertilisers that farmers rely on to optimise crop performance and yields. As well as being the leading supplier of Nitrogen, manufacturing Ammonium Nitrate and True Granular Compound Fertiliser, we also provide process chemicals and utilities.
The Site Procurement Manager leads the CF Fertilisers site procurement and materials control organisation by supporting the strategic direction of the company-wide function and building an organisation that will expertly execute procurement and material control processes, all appropriately integrated with relevant business functions. Promote strategic and operational guidance in the key areas of company-wide volume aggregation and standardisation, supplier base optimisation, and the development of cost-saving synergies across all functions and locations. The ideal candidate provides leadership in identifying and implementing best practices in all procurement and material control processes, and builds supportive internal and external relationships within procurement and material control, with other functions, and at the plant management level.
In this role you will be accountable for...
- Leads the site based procurement team to deliver to the long term and annual goals of the procurement function in alignment with the business and site specific plans.
- Serves as the owner of the procurement process at the site and engages strategically to transform procurement processes and increase accountability of procurement in alignment with the business.
- Participates in the long term strategic plan and the annual goal setting process addressing the key areas of cost, safety, risk, reliability, continuous improvement, technology adoption, supplier innovation and service.
- Creates a highly collaborative procurement and materials control culture by providing the appropriate level of communication, governance and metrics.
- Understands and leverages knowledge of the company’s and competitor’s products, industry trends, and superior business practices, and integrates the same into procurement operations in ways that achieve competitive advantage.
- Develops and executes the risk management plan that addresses key risks in contract management, supply, supplier management and procurement processes.
- Enables and manages the capability improvement of the procurement and material control team members in all areas of leadership, behaviors and procurement competencies in order to enhance business results and succession planning.
- Develops and implements key sourcing strategies at the site, regional and potentially global level.
- Facilitates early engagement with the stakeholder community in the procurement process and category management.
- Supports the “One Company” philosophy in all procurement initiatives.
- Manages key supplier relationships in conjunction with stakeholders to increase alignment and value generation between the supplier and CF.
- Participates in site leadership meetings and support site initiatives around safety, reliability and the community.
- Facilitates key interactions across the sites and with the corporate office.
- Leads the procurement function at the site in pursuit of sourcing strategies that increase productivity, improve supplier performance and reduce costs.
- Ensures on-going efficiencies of the procurement and material control functions by reporting quarterly on the progress being made with regard to the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Ensures appropriate communication and implementation of all procurement related policies, practices and process improvements to all affected employees.
- Coordinates and promotes the work of CF Commodity and Improvement teams.
- Ensures that inventory stock outs are optimally minimized and provide leadership to facilitate cross-functional evaluation of the appropriate level of spare parts inventory through the use of various inventory control techniques.
- Manages the warehouse to ensure good safety processes are in place; housekeeping standards are kept and best practices in material control are implemented.
- Drives process standardization and optimization in procurement strategies as well as within the areas of supplier management, risk management, supplier qualification and supplier selection.
- Evaluates opportunities to improve maintenance and TAR contracting and planning processes with the stakeholder community.
- Manages appropriate supply and service agreements, and facilitate any necessary improvements to increase accuracy, visibility and productivity and to ensure compliance to the contract management and sourcing process and any applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
- Segments supply base on the basis of impact and implements supplier performance management and continuous improvement process accordingly with appropriate KPIs and governance.
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- MCIPS or relevant degree required preferably in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or other related disciplines
- Significant experience in procurement, supply chain, engineering or other commercial experience with at least 3 years at the senior level
- Track record of delivering substantial results in a complex organisation
- Experience in developing and deploying regional strategies and processes
- Experience in managing strategic relationships with external suppliers
- Excellent technical knowledge of good procurement practice including negotiation, demand management, supplier qualification, sourcing, bidding and contracting, supplier performance management and risk management
- Knowledge of Oracle, SAP, Ariba and other procurement systems
- Experience in heavy industrial environment, knowledge of chemical manufacturing and major capital projects
In return we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holidays
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Contributory pension scheme coupled with life assurance
- Private health insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training and career development
At CF our values are the foundation of everything we do, guiding us to work safely, efficiently, collaboratively and with an eye toward the future. We need dedicated and driven people who are committed to getting it right, doing it well, executing as a team and taking a long term view with a never-ending desire to learn, improve and contribute. Join our diverse and talented team and you’ll enjoy opportunities to really take your career places.
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.