Site Section Manager (FMD)
The role of the FMD Site Section Manager is to manage all operational aspects of the AN, NPK, Packing and Handling plants to ensure regulatory compliance and to meet CF business requirements. This includes adherence to Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality standards, plus meeting plant availability, throughput and efficiency targets whilst simultaneously striving to enhance production capability in the medium to long term. The FMD Site Section Manager is part of the Ince Manufacturing Operations Leadership Team and therefore contributes to the development and implementation of manufacturing strategy and policy in a range of production, industrial relations, technological, people investment and organisational matters.
In this role you will be accountable for...
- Process safety compliance and improvement to ensure that operations, control of change (modification) and key safety systems across their manufacturing area delivers the requirements needed for a top-tier COMAH site
- Operations staff are trained and competent to undertake their duties to ensure that equipment is started, operated and shut down to a high standard consistent with the requirements needed for a top-tier COMAH site
- Continuously monitor and control sickness/absence, overtime and all other operational costs to ensure expenditure is appropriate, and develop improvement plans to ensure a low fixed cost base appropriate for a commodity chemical supplier is sustained
- Continuously review the skills mix, talent plans and recruitment needs in the manufacturing team to minimise cover costs, balance workloads and ensure flexibility and succession planning for operations robustness
- Identify improvement opportunities to enhance production capability, efficiency and safety compliance to underpin the cost competitive production of ammonia and nitric acid within agreed capital and revenue budgets
- Nurture constructive industrial relations so issues are resolved locally and working practices developed to maximise the contribution of employees to the business and to meet their self development and career aspirations
- Process Owner within the Sarbanes Oxley framework with responsibility to manage and define controls around their process area ensuring; effective operation of controls, ongoing maintenance of documentation as required and successful design and operation of their processes and controls for ongoing SOX compliance
The skills, qualifications and experience you will have...
- Production process knowledge and experience within a shift and unionised working environment, and experience of plant management, preferably on a top-tier COMAH site
- Experience in an industrial environment and be established within production, maintenance or engineering. Possess the ability and desire to progress into Site Operations Manager role
- A degree in chemical, mechanical or electrical instrument engineering desirable
- Experience of business improvement methodologies and techniques would be an advantage
- Energetic presence and leadership (from the front), sound judgement and decision making skills, accountability, calmness under pressure, teamwork, project management skills, results focussed and effective communication skills
Please advise the Recruitment team should you require any reasonable adjustments to take part in the recruitment process, so that we can remove any barriers during the process.